Wednesday 30 November 2016

Process and Production Aidan - Lesson 3 InDesign Layouts

Within this process and production lesson with Aidan we started out by looking at a presentation example known as Two Valleys. I found that this presentation design was very creative and professional, as the work was set out in a professional and presentable manner that would be seen easily by the target audience that the presentation is aiming at. We were told that we need to consider what is a good presentation, for example the font style that we use, the colour scheme, the layout of the presentation and the arrangement.

For this process and production lesson we were given the task of creating our own presentation, I wasn't too sure about this at first because I usually present my work the same way I have since college. This is because I find it a lot easier to work, however I was very intrigued to see how this lesson would help me learn to present my designs in a different way that was still professional.

To create the presentation I used the programme Adobe InDesign where I created a new document at A3 size, I wanted to make sure that the design and presentation was create. To do this I decided to use the guides to plan out my presentation perfectly and presentable, to add a personal touch to the presentation I decided to add my personalised logo, so that it gave the design a professional touch.

For the colour scheme I wanted this to connect with the branding of my logo, so I decided to keep this black and white. I found that it was simple but I felt that this colour scheme wouldn't cause me any problems with the people that I am aiming this presentation at. The font styles I chose to use were Cabana and Avenir Next Condensed. I felt that these font styles were easy to see and read, however I also felt that they worked nicely together. I think that its important to use font style that are easy to see and read, so that this won't cause any problems to the target audience I'm aiming at.

To present the designs that I created I decided to use a website known as Graphic Burger which allows me to use free mockups to present my work, so that it would look presentable and professional, it wouldn't look messy and untidy.

Overall I am pleased with how the presentation looks, to improve on this I may present my first project of second year out like this so that it looks professional and eye catching to people and companies when I am looking for placement.