Thursday 4 May 2017

Jay Cinema 4D - Lesson 3

Within this process and production lesson with Jay, the task that we were given for this lesson was to use the programme known as Cinema 4D. Within this lesson we were told that we were going to be creating our own Beer bottle, Bottle Top, Beer Cans and packaging design. I found that this task would be very interesting and very different to the other process and production lessons that we had with Jay. I thought that this task would be more difficult than the last lessons because I think that the designs we would be creating would be slightly complicated. We firstly started off by opening up the files that we were given to use for the materials for the designs that we would be creating in cinema 4D. 

The first thing that we created within this programme was the Beer bottle. I found that this design that I had created for the design was very creative, before adding the design onto the beer bottle I had to open up the design in adobe illustrator to change the settings of the design to an Illustrator 8 file. This is so that the design would work correctly on the material that I was going to create onto the programme. After we had created the bottle in the programme, I was then able to place the design of the label onto the design using the material option which I had to place on the Lathe tool. We also had to make different materials to add to the bottle to create a glass look on the bottle and another material for the liquid which is inside the bottle. We then created the bottle top to match the design and the label that we had created for this beer bottle. I felt that this design was alright, but to improve on this design I am going to create my own label that I would create in the programme Adobe Illustrator. 


The next design that I created for this process and production lesson was to create some soda cans, I found that when creating these soda cans these designs were very simple but effective. To add the design to the soda cans I had to use the Illustrator 8 file and add it as a material to create the design to the cans. We were given the template for the cans design, as we only had to place these onto the designs that I had created in Cinema 4D. The part that I like about this design was that the packaging of the design made it stand out and look like a actual product to sell. To improve on this design I am going to create my own design in which I will place onto the cans using the material tool. When creating this design I feel that it would be best to create a design that would also fit and work with the beer bottle that I had created and i'm going to develop further.  


For the final part in this process and production lesson we looked at creating a piece of packaging that was shaped like a cereal box. Again I created the box using the cube object that can be found in the top menu on the screen. I found that this design was a lot simpler than the other designs that I had created within this process and production lesson, as it was a box rather than something slightly more complicated like beer bottles and beer cans. Overall I am impressed with how this design turned out, as I again were able to place the design in which we were given to be placed on the box design. To do this I had to create a new material and add a texture to the design. To improve this I am going to create a new design piece that will work with the other two design that I will create for the soda cans and beer bottle. 


Overall I really enjoyed this process and production lesson because I was able to learn a lot of new skills within the programme Cinema 4D, that I will be able to use in the future and future projects. 

Here are the designs that I created in my own time, I like these designs because I think that they connect well with each other as they are all part of the same style and branding that I created, so it was like a collection of things, that a company was selling. I am really happy with how they have turned out because I think that they stand out, look professional and work well.