Thursday 4 May 2017

Sara ShowReel

Within this process and production lesson with Sara, it was our final lesson. We were given the task of creating our very own showreel which would present all our work that we have created over the past year that I had created using the programme Adobe After Effects. I found that this task was very interesting as it would feature all my final pieces from second year which I am really proud of. The programme that I used for this process and production lesson was Adobe After Effects. Over the past year I have felt that my After Effects skills has definitely improved over the past year. As I have learnt new skills and techniques with after effects. Before I started to create this showreel, I had to think about how I wanted to present my designs within the showreel. I had to make sure that the set up for the showreel was correct at 1920 x 1080. I also had to make sure that the animation was 30 seconds long, however it had to feature clips of my animations that I had created.

The part that I am least happy with was the transitioning between each of the animations because I feel that these could have been slightly better, and more visible because I feel that sometimes you can't see when the design is changing from animation to animation. The only part that you can tell this with is when you see the text explaining what animation is going to be playing next. To improve on this in my spare time I will look at this more closely to work out better transitioning that would be more suitable for the animation and showreel that I am creating.

My favourite part about this animation was the beginning part of the showreel when the text introduces my name and the topic of what is being displayed in this animation. Another part that I like about the design is the layout and the structure that I followed for this design because I think that this allows me to present my work in a professional and presentable way that the target audience or viewers will find easy to see.

Once I had finished my animation/showreel I had to make sure that I chose a relevant song that would fit and work well with the design that I had created for my final piece. The music that I used for this design was from the website called Ben Sound, the song was known as Cute. The font style that I chose to use for this design was Bebas Neue, I chose to use this font style because it was bold and stood out well it was also very easy to read and see. I decided to stick with the colours Yellow and White because I felt that these colours worked well together, as they were very contrasting.