Wednesday 9 December 2015

Welcome to the End

We firstly recapped on what we looked at in our previous lecture, which was style. We then had to come up with three keywords that related to the previous lesson. The keywords that I found were
- Stylessness
-Attributes
- Fusion
To find these keywords I had to look at my previous blog post to recap on the keywords, as I found this task harder to do without looking at my blog. In this seminar, we decided that we should recap on all the lectures that we had done so far because if we were stuck on anything it would then be easy to recap on. 

The first part that we started to recap on was Ways of approaching research, I remember that in this lesson we were given the task of ask 20 questions to each other to work out the object that your partner was thinking of. This was a call response task. We could relate this to our project when looking at different things to research. 

We then moved onto talk about the Convergence seminar, in this seminar we were given the task of cutting up newspaper to create something that was created by something different. We then talked about the artist William Burroughs that used the cut up method that was used to find something new. I found that this seminar was very helpful, as I found that it was useful to understand that I could take inspiration from little parts of design work that was created by other people to create something new that is my own. 

After this we then talked about the Abstracts and Intros seminar, we looked at why we would need to have a strong opening paragraph when writing your abstract and intro. We then talked about the videos that we looked at when creating our own 

We finally looked at last weeks seminar called Style, whilst looking at this we were shown the key points that stood out from last weeks seminar, I found that this helped me to understand the previous seminar even more, as I found this seminar quite hard to understand. 

We then looked at key points that we had learnt over the past few seminars, these were:

What is Method?
A path to follow

What is methodology?
It is the knowledge of the way you are doing the thing.

What is Style?
Style is the way that you work, in my opinion I think that style is way that you create your design work in a particular way.

Can you be outside of style?
No because it is your own style and its your own interpretation of your style that you use for your work.

We then went onto talk about what could change within the seminar? People said that we could look at more fun tasks and how we could get a handout of the brief summary of what happens in the lesson, as we sometimes don't understand what is happening. We then looked what we enjoyed within the seminar, these were the fun tasks that we were given within the seminar.

We then talked about the task that we were given within the seminar to use clipped writing where we had to write a sentence about the clip that we were shown. I found that this task very productive, as enjoyed it very well. After this we were then told about the pace that we needed to write our Intro or Abstract because I found that this was very important something that we always needed to consider. The final part that we talked about was how we should always ask the questions that the reader would want you to ask.

I found that this seminar was very helpful, as I was able to go through the key points of each seminar, that I was then able to understand better.