Tuesday 27 September 2016

First Studio Seminar - 11:15 - 12:15

This was my first studio seminar of second year. I found that this session was ok because I still hadn't got an idea for my studio project. The first point that we looked at was how different are we from others, thinking about this point in more depth I think that this point is very interesting because people are very different to each other. We were then told that this year is very important and its about us as individuals, which got me thinking about the previous point that we had just thought about and what describes and features do we have as an individual and what makes us as an individual stand out from the other people. So what do I want to do? What sort of career path do I want to take after university. What area would I like to do?

We then looked at Autopoiesis, which is Self Making and re identifying myself, it means using different languages and self identity. After this we talked about the idea of yourself or self and how the world sees you or how you see the world, I thought that this was a very important point and we should always think about this point because it could mean that we see the world as we do, but other people see it very differently and we should always consider the different ways that we could design, to make it fit with the target audience that we are aiming it towards and make sure that it works.

Who are you? That is a very important question that we are going to be thinking about this year because we need to find out what sort of designer we are going to be. We were told that we should explore as many different styles as possible this year to help us narrow our choices of styles to see which we are good at and those that we aren't so good at. Another important point that we were given was to always use a sketchbook to do our ideas because they are very useful and finally document everything that was said because we will be able to look back at this.

I found that this seminar was good because it got me to think about what I could do for the brief that we had been given, as I was still stuck for an idea before this session. However I thought that I still needed extra help to work out what I should do?