Tuesday 27 September 2016

First Studio Session, What is Cybernetics?

In this studio session, I found it hard to concentrate because I really didn't have the faintest idea what this brief was about. So at first I found it hard think about an idea for the studio brief that I had been given for my first project of second year. So the first thing that I decided to do in this studio session was to look up the terms that we had been given. I thought that this was the best start that I could do to find away to get an idea for this studio project.

What is Autopoiesis?

Autopoiesis means yourself, you as an individual. (Poiesis) is a Greek term that means the creation. Together it means Self Creation.

What is Network Self?

Network Self is an Identity, that is used to show you as a person through the internet or the use of different social medias.

What is Cybernetics?

Cybernetics is the self moving control system and science of communications that occur in both living things and machines.

What is Sociomaterial?

Sociomaterial is the way that sociology and technology interact with each other. For example, the way that political views or an acceptable language (behaviour), is displayed or presented through different types of media.