Thursday 21 April 2016

Typographic Transcription Task 3

This was the final process and production lesson that we had with John, I found that this lesson was very productive, however I found that some of this lesson quite hard and quite difficult because I had to create a final typeface of the alphabet that in which I wanted to be my final typographic transcription, which I had been developing throughout the three weeks of drawing lesson that we had with John. The task that we had been given by John for this final process and production lesson was to draw up a final alphabet and recap on the previous tasks that we had created over the past few weeks. The tasks that I had to complete in the drawing process and production lessons were to transcribe shapes to make letter forms and or typographic characters either uppercase or lowercase, using the letters ANESG. The other task that I had to complete a typographic transcription of my initial shapes or letter forms, where I was then able to draw up three rough alphabets, using three different styles.

For the first part of this lesson, I decided to look at the typefaces that I created in the previous lesson because I wasn't sure which of the typefaces that I wanted to create as my final alphabet. I found that the first typeface that I had created was a 3D typeface, which I thought was very different to the other fonts that I had created. I felt that this design was very different, creative and effective, however I feel that this font style is the best design to take forward for my final design because I feel that I could create something that was a lot more creative and different so it would stand out. I then decided to look at the other two font styles that I had also created in the previous process and production lesson, I found that these font styles were too simple, which I feel could be a lot more effective. This is because I could something a lot more creative and would stand out a lot more and would attract the target audience to look at my design and final typography transcription alphabet. I taking these font styles into consideration, I felt that the typeface that I wanted to create for my final alphabet could be better, the tools that I decided to use to create my final design was Graph paper, pencils, ruler and fineliners. I thought that these were the best tools that I should use to create a professional and creative font style for my final alphabet.

After deciding to create a brand new typeface, I decided to something a little more creative that would stand out well to the target audience. I think that it is important to create a type face that is bold and effective because you need to be able to attract the target audience very easily. For this typeface I decided to use the Graph paper to help me to create a perfect and professional type that measures out correctly, I think that the new font style that I create for my final alphabet was very different to my previous font styles because it was bold and stood out well, I also thought that the font style was very easy to read and see, which I think is very important when designing so that the design you create won't cause problems to the target audience that you are aiming at. I found that when creating some of the typeface I found it quite difficult to produce some of the letters because I found that they were quite tricky to draw these letters where c, k, m, s, x and z. I found these letters quite tricky at first, however I did come up with a solution which allowed me to create a perfect letter design for my final typographic transcription. To improve this design even further I would consider to look at creating Uppercase letterforms for my typeface, to look at making the typographic transcription a lot better and more productive and creative.


The photograph above shows the final typographic transcription alphabet that I created for my final task in my last process and production lesson with John for drawing. Overall, I am happy with how this task and font style has turned out in the end because I think that the font is very bold, effective and stands out well to the target audience that I am aiming at. I also thought that this process and production lesson was quite fun and different, after it finally came together and when I was able to create a bold typeface for my final task.