Thursday 26 November 2015

Fear(s) of the Dark Film

In this seminar we watched a short clip from a animated film called Fear(s) of the Dark. The film that we watched was created by six different directors, which weren't all animators. I found that the animation that was used in the film came together very well to produce an good film that people will like to watch. The film was a French Production that was created in year of 2007. Before we watched the short clip, we looked at the director called Richard McGuire, he produced a book called Here.


Reference- 

The picture show images of women dancing in different places throughout the years in the different parts of his living room. The picture shows represents space.

After this we then watched a clip from the film. Within the clip that we watched from the film there was lots of two tone and animation, however one part that I noticed about the film was that there wasn't much dialogue, as there was lots of sound effects and the music that was used in the film was very dramatic, which created a lot of suspense throughout the film. I felt that the suspense was good, as it related very well with the theme of the film, as the film was a Horror/Drama.


Reference-


Reference- 

I found that this seminar was very good, as I enjoyed watching the clip from the film, as it was very different to something that I would normally watch. I thought that the animation of the film was very detailed and creative, the illustrations were also very understanding because you could easily see what the illustrations were. I felt that the film was very engaging and I would defiantly watch the film again, as the suspense was very gripping whilst watching the film.