Thursday 5 November 2015

History of Graphic Designers

In this Theory Lecture, we learnt about the History of Graphic Design and Animation, we did this so that we could explore the different styles that are used throughout the years and how Graphic Design and Animation has changed over the past years and how it effects us as designers. I feel that this Lecture was really useful, as I was able to look at how the movement of art and design has changed, also I was able to look at the different styles that I could look into and use when doing my secondary and primary research for my sketchbook.



The changes that this Lecture has made to me is that I can now look at designs that were created in the past by artists that were very famous for the artwork within a certain period. I found that this will me to understand the different styles of artwork and when they were created and who by. I decided to create a timeline of the graphic designers as this would then help me to understand how the design movement work over the past 100 years. In the future I am going to refer back to this timeline, as it will help me to find graphic designers that I like from the past and the style of artwork that they produced in the years that their art and design movement became popular and attract the target audience that they were aiming towards.