Tuesday 3 November 2015

How do we think about Postmodernism

In this Lecture we looked at how we as an individual thought about PostModernism and how it effects us. We learnt about what PostModernism is? When PostModernism took place? and does it effect us as individuals in our everyday life today?

What is PostModernism?

PostModernism is a mixture of characteristic, which use early styles of artwork by mixing the artists styles and medias together.

When did PostModernism take place?

PostModernism took place is the late 20th century, where the movement of art, architecture was departure of the movement known as Modernism.

Does it effect us?

I think that PostModernism, effects us a little bit as designers because it has got me thinking about how the mixture of artists styles have influenced me as a graphic designer to create new designs using several different art styles to create something new.

I found that this seminar was really helpful, as it helped me to understand what PostModernism was and how it is used to influence me within my work and how PostModernism will help me with my projects in the future.