Thursday 5 November 2015

How do we think about Modernism

How do we feel about Modernism?

In this Lecture we looked at how we as an individual thought about Modernism and how it effects us. However, the first part that we had to do was to look at was:

What is modernism? When was Modernism? What are the relations between historical modernity and the set of aesthetic practices known as modernism? Does Modernity and Modernism have a gender?

What is Modernism?

Modernism is a style or a movement through art, that removes lots from classical and traditional forms.

When was Modernism?

Modernism place in the early 20th Century to 1930’s, which was the same era as the art style Art Deco.

I found that this Lecture was good because we got to look at how Modernism was effecting the Artwork that had been produced in the past, I felt that I learn't some good points that will help when design my own artwork for my own project. In the future this lecture will allow me to look at my own artwork and see whether my designs will effect the artwork that was created in the past.