Tuesday 23 February 2016

Adobe Illustrator

 What we did

In this process and production lesson we were set several tasks, which were very interesting. Within this lesson, we told the basics of Illustrator I had basic knowledge of this as I am quite used to using the programme Adobe Illustrator. However, I found this a good task because I was able to learn new skills to expand my knowledge. 

The Process

To create these tasks I used the programme Adobe Illustrator. The first task that I was given was to find a photograph of a celebrity and trace around the celebrity using the pen tool. The celebrity that I chose to use for this task was Ed Westwick who plays Chuck Bass in the tv show known as Gossip Girl. I found this task was quite easy because I found the pen tool quite easy to use, within the software. After this I had download an app onto my phone called Adobe Capture. I found this programme quite hard to use at first because I wasn't sure how to use the app, however I am now getting used to it. This app changes the photograph or sketch from real life to a vector image, which I think is quite creative. I then experimented with the image by changing the colour of the designs using the colour scheme that I had created within the app. After this we then moved onto our final task where we had to find a sports photograph that we wanted to use for a poster design, once I had chosen a photograph I then added a effect to the design, which vectorised the image even further. I then added type to the design, I used the font style Caflisch Script Pro, I used this font style because I thought that the font style was very creative and stylish. I also thought that the font style was very simple, but very fancy. I then added a little copyright symbol to my design, just above the text that I had placed onto the poster.

What I Like

My favourite part about this process and production lesson was the dancer photograph that I was able to edit into a vector that I could use for my piece that I was creating in Adobe Photoshop. I think that this was very different to what I had created before, I found this part very fun and exciting, as it was something different that what I have created.

What I Didn't Like

What I didn't like about this process and production lesson was that I kept getting lost, as I didn't understand what we had to do. However in the end I did work everything out, so my design wasn't very professional and was slightly messy, but overall I am pleased how it turned out in the end.