Tuesday 23 February 2016

Adobe Photoshop

 What I did in this lesson?

In this Process and Production lesson, I was given the task edit a photograph of a cityscape scene using the programme Adobe Photoshop. I understand Adobe Photoshop quite well, so some of the tools that we used in this programme, I was quite familiar some of these tools. Another part that we did in this lesson was to create a visual piece using two curved lines that I had created using the pen tool. I thought this lesson was quite fun.

The Process

To create the edits of the cityscape photograph, I used the programme Adobe Photoshop. The tools that I used to change the photograph was the enhance tool, which changes the brightness and intensity of the colours within the design. I found that this process was quite fun because it allowed me to see how the photograph would look if the design was edited using different tools. Within the lesson we also look at all of the different tools that we could use within photoshop to edit the photo or to even use generally for my own designs. Whilst doing this I noticed that I hadn't used some of the tools before. I used the programme Adobe Illustrator to create the curved line experiment. To create this I use the pen tool to create two separate swirly lines, where I then used the option object > blend > blend options and selected the Specified step option, then clicked ok. I then had to select the option blend > make for the design to work correctly.

What I like

My favourite part about this Process and Production lesson was learning about and using tools, that I hadn't really used before because it allowed me to expand on my skills within photoshop, which I will be able to use in the future. I think that this will help me to make my designs better and more professional than they already are.

What I Didn't Like

The part that I didn't like about my designs was the line design because I feel that I could have been a little more creative with how the design were displayed, so that when I took the design into Adobe Illustrator. I would be able to create a more creative and funky Illustration. Another reason for this would be that the people who look at my design would be a lot more interested in the design, if it was more creative overall.




                  


The final task that we were given in this lesson was to edit a final photograph of our self using some of the tools that we had learnt whilst in this lesson. Once I chose a photograph of myself, I had to decided how I wanted to edit the photograph even further my changing the design from an original image to a vectorised design. I think that after editing the photograph even further, I was quite proud of the design because I found that the design was very creative. To edit my photograph I decided to use the programme Adobe Photoshop, to edit the photograph from a colour photo to a black and white photograph. To add this effect to the design I used the option Image > Adjustments > Black and White. I then had to add another effect to the photograph using the posterize option, which can be found under Image > Adjustments > Posterize, I think that this was a very creative process because it allowed me to change the photograph from a real life photo to a vector image. After using this process, I think that the design reminded me of a Pop Art design that I have seen before. To develop the design even further, I decided to add a colour to the design to brighten up the design, I think that the design looked very interesting, I was quite proud of how the design the design had been created within the software. The colour that I decided to change my design to was the colour red, I chose this colour because I think that this colour is very bright and vibrant, which I think is very important as you need to use bright and vibrant colour to make the target audience very interested in the design that you have created.