Monday 8 February 2016

Jonathan Lindley

Within this lecture we looked into several designers and composers of music, I found that this lecture was quite interesting, as it was very different to some of the lecture that we have had. The first person that we looked at within this lecture was Jonathan Lindley who is a creator of music videos, we watched a video of his called Drumcorps - Geist . For this video he looked up statistics when people died, using seconds, minutes and hours, he also looked at what the causes were. I found that this animation was very creative and thought that the design was very well put together and very clever.

The next animation that we watched was again by Jonathan Lindley, which was called the fall line. We were told that we should always experiment with our work, I found that this video was very nice and creative. We then looked at the Enter Shikari video and No Guts, No Glory video, whilst watching these two videos I had mixed emotions about these video. I found that these two videos were very strange and I wasn't sure if I really liked them, I thought that the video were very weird and different to some of the videos that I would usually watch in my spare time. We then looked at another film called Smile around the face, which was created in 2005 by Fourtet, I thought that this video was very different and very creative. This translates the instrument and the artist within the video. We were told to work out the energy within the music to figure out what the music or song is trying to say. We then look at a video called Danny Brown Grown Up, which was a music video of a rap song that feature a boy walking around the streets, I like music videos because you can always find a different variety depending on the artist that you look at. Another video that we looked at in this lesson was called Transparent.

We then looked at something different, which was known as Performance that looked at someone dancing and moving around, this got me to think about something and whether I could incorporate dance into one of pieces for my visualisation of sound designs, as I think dance would be a great combination and a very different style that I could look at to use for my visual project. At the end of this lecture we were told that you need to be engrossed in the music, by listening to the music and that we need to research into the song to understand and see how it feels and that we need to look into the song artist. Another point that Jonathan Lindley made was to go out and meet the artist if you could. I found that this lecture was good, as it gave me a few ideas of what I could do for my Visualisation of Sound.