Tuesday 23 February 2016

Kinetic Typography

Kinetic Typography from Rebecca Thorp on Vimeo.

What I Did In The Lesson

Within this process and production lesson, I was given the task to find a quote, lyric or poem that I could use for the kinetic typography animation. The quote that I decided to use for this animation was "Those who bring sunshine to lives of other cannot keep it from themselves". I chose this quote because I thought about creating a sunshine that would be relevant to the quote, I also think that the quote is also very inspirational. 

The process 

To create the Kinetic Typography animation, I had to use the programme Adobe After Effects, using the several tools to make my design better and moving. I found that this was quite difficult because I wasn't used to the software, however when creating some parts of the design I found this quite easy because I picked up how to use them straight away, which was very important as we had to create the design quite quickly. Before using the programme Adobe After Effects, I had to use Adobe Illustrator to create the words of the quote and the vector illustration of the sunshine. To create the sunshine I had to use the shape tool, the pen tool and the paint bucket tool to add the colour to the design. I also had to use the text tool to create the quote. 

What I Like

The part that is my favourite in this design is the sunshine vector illustration because I like how the sunshine begins to become bigger throughout the animation. I think that this is the part that I am most proud about because it is something that I haven't created before. Another part that I like about the design is the layout of the design because I think that it is very professional, easy to read and quite easy to understand what the quote is saying. 

What I Didn't Like

The part that I dislike from this animation is the typography font style that I have used for the design because it is quite fancy. I feel that the typography could be better because it is quite hard to read. I think that the font style could be slightly more simple, which could allow the target audience to understand and read the quote better than it is now.