Tuesday 23 February 2016

Avenir Next

Avenir Next from Rebecca Thorp on Vimeo.

What I Did In The Lesson

Within this process and production lesson, I was given the task to create an animation that is about a font style of our choice. Once we had picked a font style we then had to look into the design even further by finding out different facts or figures that I can place into the animation. The font style that I chose to use for this design was Avenir Next, that contained four different types of the font style. 

The Process

To create my design, I used the programme Adobe After Effects because this was the best programme to produce a animation that was perfect and very professional. The tools that I used to create the design was the text tool, for this design I had to learn new techniques that i could use for my design because I am still getting used to the programme. This is because I am still new to the software and I am not used to every technique within the programme. 

What I Like

My favourite part about the design is the way that the font style enters the animation because I think that the design is quite consistent throughout. I am also happy with how the colour scheme that I had chosen for the design worked well with the font style that I had use for my design. I think that the colour scheme that I have used is very simple, but is still very effective. I think that choosing the colour scheme needs to be considered very carefully, as choosing the colour scheme is very important. This means that the design can look professional and attractive towards the target market.

What I Didn't Like

My least favourite part about the design is the way that the font style enters and exits the design because I feel that this could be improved, as it needs to more creative rather than the design fading in and out or flying onto the page. Another part that I don't like about the design is the layout because I think that this could be considered further, as it could be more professional and presented better.