Monday 8 February 2016

Monday Afternoon Seminar - Essay Part 2

Within this seminar we looked into the essay that we are writing even further, by discussing the subject that we were going to be looking at within our essays. The first part we did in this seminar was to look at an artist and inventor called Brendan Dawas, where we were shown some examples of his work, which were The Happiness Machine, Flippin' Big Remote, Doris Le Bot and EE- Digital Cities Portraits. Once we had looked at Brendan Dawas we then moved on to look at our topic of the essay question that we had chosen to write about. Mine was Brand vs Anti Brand, I firstly decided to look at the subject of Supermarkets that battle to get more people to come to the store, using different branding techniques such as Tv Adverts and Posters. Another point that I thought about looking into for my essay was to look at Graphic Designers and Animators to help promote their business to the target audience.

Other points that I have decided that I am going to look at for my essay research will be to look at Tesco's vs Aldi and small brands for Anti Brand, such as Cooperative, Costcutter and Premier. I am also going to look at Tesco Adverts in general and christmas, the brand guarantee, opening hours, advertisement e.g billboards and posters. Once I have done this I will then look into the aldi adverts for christmas and in general and the designers that create the designs. Also the opening hours, advertisements and designers. Where I will then be able to look at smaller companies designs that will effect the big supermarkets, also how brands have changed over the years and how have the designs and media over the years been used to attract more people to come to their local store. I am also going to look at the different types of shopping by looking at delivery boxes that are used to deliver your shopping in. The final point that I thought about looking at for this essay that I am going to be writing is who the top supermarket was and how similar the tv adverts were in 2015?