Friday 7 October 2016

Seminar #2: Contextual Portfolio - Polina Zioga

Polina will give us small briefs and we will have to a create a blog post for. Two blog posts per week for the theory as practice session, this could include any of the lectures from the Business Lectures, Polina's Seminars or Spencer's Lectures. For our Presentation we will have to create 5-10 slides that are represent your blog posts. (Theory) and aural description. By the end of this seminar today you will have your title. I need to start to do a plan about what I am going to do for my presentation. We were told that 20 slides are the perfect amount for the presentation because too less and too much won’t be easy to do.

Design + Content = Delivery
When you render your presentation, render the file into different formats. Its good to have a header or a footer throughout your presentation. The url link could be either a link to your Facebook, twitter or Instagram of your account, we were also told that we could use image throughout our presentation, however video is not a good idea because this is very time consuming. We should also remember to use a Citation link at the bottom left hand of the presentation to use as a reference for the design you are displaying.

Define
Reference List
Bibliography

Presentation = Performance.

We were then told about rules about what we should keep in mind when creating the presentation. If someone can’t read something delete and get rid of it. We then watched a video about what we shouldn’t do for our presentation because this video showed a lot of mistakes that we shouldn’t take when creating our presentation.

What I could look at for my presentation.
How selfie filters are used and based off specific style of art, this could be Street Art, Typography, Pop Art or other styles that I am interested in. I found this quite difficult to think about the subject that I wanted to search into, however I found a subject that I was really interested in looking into, which was Film Design. For the next seminar, I am going to expand on how I could look into film design for my presentation and create a research question from my chosen subject.