Thursday 22 October 2015

Harry Potter Book Advert

In this session I created a Book Advert for the book series Harry Potter, which included the Illustrations that had created previously using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. I am quite pleased with how this book advert has been created and how it looks after it has been completed. I think that the layout of the animation is very well structured, as I have kept the books in order of the series, which create a complimentary flow that the target audience will understand. I have tried kept the font styles simple but effective because I didn't want to use a font style that would be hard for the target audience that I am aiming for to read and understand. the colour scheme of this animation is very simple but could be brighter and more vibrant, however I wanted to keep within the theme of the books because the story starts from a dark point, which then becomes more cheerful and happy. Although it then becomes darker towards the end of the series, however my animation wants people watching to join the characters and houses at Hogwarts through this magical and magnificent journey that the series takes us on.          

                       
                                      Harry Potter Book Advert from Rebecca Thorp on Vimeo.



My least favourite part about this animation was creating the design, as it was quite difficult because the programme, which I had to use to create this design was in Adobe After Effects. I found this programme quite challenging because I hadn't used this before, which meant it was hard to learn the basics. However once I had started to use the programme more I found the programme a little easier to use. The music that I used within the animation fits very well within the design because I think that the Illustrations, which I created flow well alongside the music. In the future, I am going to take this into consideration, as improvement that I need to do to create professional and eye catching to the target audience that I am going to be aiming towards. I will also consider the time that need to put in to create a perfect Animation or advert that I am going to produce to advertise my object, that I have chosen.