Friday 2 October 2015

Thoughts of Genealogy

In this session, we had to think about what Genealogy meant to us. The post it notes below show where we got inspiration from when looking at other people's thoughts about what a sense of place means to them personally and a board sense of place. We did this so that the thoughts of other people would influence us, as designers to look at Genealogy in different ways than how it effects us as 
an individual. 


I thought that this task was a good idea, as it was very helpful and allowed me to understand the terms of genealogy even more. The part that went well is that everyone's thoughts about Genealogy was very useful and allowed me to take inspiration of how people is able to influence me for my Sense of Place project. I do feel that the mind map of the post it notes couldn't have gone any better because I think that the task was creative, which I could take a lot of inspiration from. 

                                             

I think that I have learnt a lot from this task that we as class were set because I think that I have learnt how Genealogy effects not just me, but other people in different ways. I have also learnt more about how Genealogy effects our everyday lives.

          

I think that this task could have been improved in some way by expanding on our thoughts of Genealogy and how Genealogy will inspire us as designers more.