Thursday 8 October 2015

InDesign Modernist Posters

JOSEF MÜLLER-BROCKMANN POSTERS

For this session, we learnt how to use Adobe InDesign, start from the basic tools, that we will need to use when creating a poster or another piece of design work that I will be going to working on. I was also given the task to create several posters using the basic tools that we had learnt in this session. The posters that we were given to design in the programme Adobe InDesign were by the designer known as Josef Müller-Brockmann, who is famous for the grid system in Graphic Design.

The tools, I used to create these Poster in the programme Adobe InDesign were the Rectangle tool, the Pen tool, Circle tool, the Gradient tool and the text tool. We had to create these posters to understand the basics of how to use the programme Adobe InDesign, even though I had used this programme before I did find this Process and Production very helpful because it was like a refresher.


I thought that this session was really good, as it refreshed a lot of the basics when using the programme. I thought that the programme was quite easy to use and I also learn't new tools that I could use when creating my work in Adobe InDesign. The part of this lesson that went well I think was creating the poster designs because I thought that when creating the posters I was able to put the basic tools that I had refreshed to good use. I thought that the posters that I have created looked like the posters that was created by Josef Müller-Brockmann. 


I have learnt new skills and refreshed on the basic tools that I already knew, which will allow me to apply this to my future project work, when using the programme Adobe InDesign. I will then be able to create the best possible outcomes for my project, which will attract people to look at. I think that in the future I am going to take inspiration from Josef Müller-Brockmann's Posters to create my own designs, I am going to also try to make my own Poster using Josef Müller-Brockmann's artwork style.