Saturday 9 January 2016

Abstract for proposal

This is the Abstract that we had to create for proposal using the skills that we had learnt in the Intro and Abstracts Seminar run by James:

"Ever since I started this project, I knew New York would be the perfect fit. What can I say about New York, it is just so influential and the perfect opportunity for me to use this place within my work. It’s a place that will bring me to life, as it is known as the city that never sleeps. As I am inspired by the city that never sleeps, I decided to look at the branding and advertising aspect of the project, as I wanted to bring something new to the city that the tourist would love and will have a big impact on the city itself. Within my project I found that there are lots of routes that I could take to advertising my brand, which I found very interesting, as it would allow me to explore new opportunities. I focused more on the advertising rather than the branding, however I need branding to create my brand. I want to focus my attention on the different types of attractions located around New York City, which got me thinking about the Highline. This was an inspirational piece of artwork, that is a high quality attraction in New York which the tourists love. I thought about this so much, that I watched a programme and this helped me to discover a brand new attraction that is related to the Highline but is underground and is known as the Lowline. To focus my idea on this attraction, I thought that Posters, Tv Adverts, Leaflets and Maps would be the top advertisement campaigns that would work well to help me create such a wonderful project. Even though I am not the best Illustrator, I want to try something new within my project by testing my strength with including my designs using the Illustration style. I think that using this style will influence me to strengthen my skills in all areas of Graphic Design. Research will help me to develop my ideas further by looking at existing designs to influence me to design my work at a high standard to attract people to look at them. It will definitely be the city that never sleeps."

I think that this task of writing an abstract for my proposal and the seminar will defiantly help me in the future to writing punctual and expressive opening intros in the future.