Wednesday 13 January 2016

Problem Solving Design and Communication

I found this seminar very interesting because we were able to look at inspirational Infographic Design because I think that the designs are very professional and graphic. Within this seminar, I was able to explore into ways to interpret facts and observations through information graphics.

We firstly looked into the designer called Harry Beck, who is famously known for the London Underground Map, we found that there is lots of versions of the Map and it can be used for many different uses. I think that the colour of the design is very bold and bright and allows the target audience to understand the different routes on the Map. I think that this makes the design very important, the font style that has been used for the design is also very bold and easy to read, which is another important part to the design.



After this we then looked at the Glasgow School of Art, where we looked at different pieces of work that is shown quite graphically. The final piece of Infographic Design that we looked at was created by a girl who created an Infographic based between generations from her - mum - grandma. I think that this design is very creative and the colour of the design is very bright, vibrant and attractive, as it would catch the attention of the target audience that would be interesting in looking the design. 

The task that we were given was to create Curriculum Vitae or a Graphic CV . I found both choices were very creative, however I decided to create a Graphic CV because I found that this design looked very interesting and quite fun.



I am happy with how my design turned out in the end because I found that the layout of the design was very professional and I had presented my information in a presentable and understandable way that the target audience would be able to see and read easily. The colour scheme that I chose for this design was very simple and basic, as the colours of the design that I have used are Black and White. I wanted my colours of the design to be very simple and not overpowering, however I still wanted them to be bold and attract the target audience that I am showing my CV to. The font style that I have used is Avenir Condensed Hand Ultra Light and Regular. I chose to use these font styles because it was bold, simple and easy to read, which I think is very important because you need to make sure that the target audience can read it easily. The Illustrations that I created for the CV, are very detailed and can be easily understood what is being displayed. I used the programme Adobe illustrator to create these Illustrations, where I used the Pen and Pencil tool to create and add detail to my design.