Saturday 9 January 2016

Workshop Week- Sneaky Raccoon

Sneaky Raccoon

I am happy that I chose this workshop because I found it very fun to do, as I was able to design something that I have a lot of interest in, which are films, disney and tv shows. I found that this workshop would allow me to build my strengths for my future design work. The first part of the workshop we got to learn about how the Sneaky Raccoon was created and what it has done over the years. It is run by one women who is a Graphic Illustrator who is based in Yorkshire. She likes to focus her designs around Nature and Animals and has worked for many different business like the BBC, Monsoon, Virgin Holidays, Sony, Nike and more.  

We were then given the task, to create a Poster of film or tv show of our choice. The film that I chose to create a Poster for was Tangled, however in the real world, as disney have been creating new films using the disney classics and real people. The first part that I had to do before creating my Poster using digital design using the computer. To create my design I used a pencils and paper to sketch out my idea before changing it to a digital design. 


Once I had drawn this Poster design by hand, I felt that the design was very messy and would look better if it was created using a digital programme like Adobe Illustrator. I also thought that I could improve my design even more by adding colour to the design because I felt that the drawing looked very dull without any colour added to the design. However another task was to create the Poster design using only three colours. The colours that I decided to use for my design were Pink, Purple and Brown, although I was able to use different shades of these colours for my design, as I could only use three colours. To create my design digitally in Adobe Illustrator, I had to use several different tools like the Pencil Tool, Pen Tool, Rectangle Tool and the Paint Bucket Tool. 

Once I had used these tools to create my Poster design, I then had to decide on a font style that would work the best on the Poster. The font style that I decided to use for the Poster was Amatic Bold because it is a bold, simple font that stands out well and easy to see and read by the target audience. Within this Poster design I decided to only include the mouth to the face instead of the other facial expressions because I didn't like how the design looked with all the features, I felt that the design looked messy and untidy. I feel that I am not brilliant at creating facial features, such as eyes and noses. Another feature that I decided to change for the design was the hair colour from blonde to brown because it would give the character a more realistic look. 


I am happy with how my design has come together. Although if I had more time in the future, I may try to add the eyes and nose to the design, to see how the design would look compared to the final design above. My favourite part about the design is the colours that I have use and the hair that I have created for my Poster. Overall I really enjoyed this workshop that I attended.